University of Stirling
The University of Stirling was founded on transformative thinking and progressiveness. From the first 195 students, it has grown to over 14,000+ students and 92,000+ alumni from over 170 countries. Lord Robbins was its first Chancellor, an Economist who went on to revolutionise the Higher Education system in the United Kingdom and the University was founded on his vision.
The University of Stirling believes that the future wellbeing and wealth of society lies in a skilled workforce, and thus any individual who has the ability to learn and better themselves, should have access to Higher Education, regardless of their current circumstances.
University degrees are designed around the principles of choice, flexibility and innovation. In the Graduate Outcomes Survey 2020, HESA, 96% of the university’s postgraduate leavers were in further study or employment, within just fifteen months of graduating from the degree programme.
The University of Stirling has been recognised by independent rankings, such as:
The Complete University Guide 2022
- Ranked in the Top 20 in the UK for Business courses
- Ranked in the Top 38 of UK Universities
- Ranked within Top 20 in UK and Top 5 in Scotland for most courses
The Guardian University Guide 2021
- Ranked in the Top 15 for Business courses
- Ranked in the Top 28 of UK Universities
- Ranked within Top 20 in UK and Top 5 in Scotland for most subjects offered
The Times Higher Education Impact Survey 2021
- Global Top 100 of universities contributing to the attainment of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal of ‘good health and well-being’
QA World University Rankings 2021
Awarded 5 stars in the following areas:
National Student Survey 2021
- Top 20 in UK in overall satisfaction
- Top 10 in the UK for Business Courses
- Top 10 in the UK for Computer Sciences
- Top 10 in most other subjects
The Sunday Times 2020
- Sports University of the Year 2020