University of Northampton
- The University of Northampton has been given the Gold Award in the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – the highest rating possible which places it among the elite of the UK’s higher education institutions.
- The University of Northampton has rocketed into the Top 50 UK University for Business, Management and Marketing (by subject) – Guardian University Guide 2016
- Northampton Business School has been nominated by the Times Higher Education (the prime HE publication in the UK and part of The Times group) for Outstanding Business School of the year now for 2013, 2014 and 2015: unprecedented 3 years in a row. (Only six UK business schools are nominated annually of the 120+ in existence.)
- The University of Northampton is ahead of the national average in the annual National Student Survey (NSS) with 90% overall satisfaction for Business and Administrative Studies.
- Top 20 for International student satisfaction (International Student Barometer Survey).
The University of Northampton has over 350 undergraduates, postgraduate and professional courses in a range of traditional and cutting-edge subjects. It has around 14,000 students and 1,500 staff. It has received an £80 million investment in new buildings since 2000 and an extra £70 million worth of investment on buildings and facilities will carry them forward to 2015. It is home to two award-winning campuses (Avenue and Park), housing four faculties – Health & Society, Education & Humanities, Business & Law, and Arts, Science & Technology.
Northampton is in the heart of England and is the fastest growing town in the UK with around 250,000 residents. Northampton is a modern, bustling town centre surrounded by beautiful countryside and is steeped in history. Within Northamptonshire, we have “Silverstone – The British Formula One circuit” with many international companies based here including Carlsberg, Weetabix, Avon Cosmetics, Nationwide and Barclaycard.
Last year 95% of the University of Northampton graduates were in employment or further study six months after graduating and they currently have alumni working for international organisations throughout the world. Undergraduates placements have been arranged with global companies including Tesco, IBM and Volkswagen.
The University of Northampton provides foundation degrees (FdSc and FdA), HNDs, Bachelor Degrees (BA/BSc/LLB – Single or Joint Honours with opportunities for a ‘sandwich year’), Top-up degrees, taught and research postgraduate qualifications (MA/MSc/LLM/Mphil/PhD).