PG Diploma in Infection Control & Prevention [Online Learning]
The PG Diploma in Infection Control & Prevention course from the University of Dundee is suited for healthcare professionals new to the field of Infection Control and Prevention, or for experienced practitioners looking to refresh their learning or boost their educational qualifications.
The PG Diploma in Infection Control and Prevention course will help you develop knowledge, skills and enhance your understanding of critical learning areas relating to this field such as;
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Applied Microbiology
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Risk Management
- Outbreak investigation and management
This Infection control course is taught by renowned clinical experts, who also provide support student and additional learning alongside the University of Dundee academic staff. Students will benefit from the practical, clinical expertise and contemporary best practices and skills experts bring to the Infection control course.
This course has entry and exit routes at the PG Certificate level, with the option to pursue a Masters in Infection Control & Prevention degree upon graduation.
View all available Online Learning Psychology & Healthcare Degree Courses or speak to a Higher Education Consultant for more information on the PG Diploma in Infection Control & Prevention
Benefits of a PG Diploma in Infection Control and Prevention
Enhance practical knowledge and skills including the ability to evaluate the critical application of microbiology for infection control. Create, analyse and implement quality patient care safety policies on both a strategic and operational level. Take a holistic view of Infection Control and Prevention to develop and enhance both service provisions and clinical practices on a strategic and leadership level.
In addition, the PG Diploma in Infection Control and Prevention teaches how to generate data using observational and experimental studies. Learn to use the data to evaluate risk assessment, decision making and derive solutions to complex issues.
Successful graduates from the PG Diploma in Infection Control and Prevention can work as specialists in a administrative and clinical capacity for medical institutions, government institutions and public and private institutions with this requirement.
Graduates have the ability to influence and revise practices on both a national and international level to drastically improve the quality of patient care, health and safety in their organisation.
- Coming soon
Entry Requirements for PG Diploma in Infection Control & Prevention
Healthcare professionals working in an area related toInfection Prevention, Infection Control, Infectious Diseases, Health Protection or similar.
Requires a degree or equivalent in a health or social care with relevant work experience. For students without a degree, a flexible Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) is available, evaluated on a case by case basis. Health practitioners with significant learning from previous experience and education have the opportunity of having this learning assessed for credit, which would go towards the course application.
Where English is not the first language, evidence of English language ability at a proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 may be required.
Microbiology and its Application to Practice
On completion of the module, you will be able to:
- develop a critical understanding of microbiology and the infection process
- develop a critical understanding of the infection prevention and control practice implications of the characteristics of micro-organisms and the infection process
- critically evaluate epidemiological, audit and surveillance data to determine appropriate interventions to prevent and control infection
- recognise and investigate incidents and outbreak
- engage in evidence-based practice, using critical thinking to enhance personal and professional development
Infection Prevention and Control in Practice
On completion of this module you will be able to:
- examine and discuss core components of infection prevention and control and their application to practice
- critically appraise the professional and accountability issues of infection prevention and control practice
- demonstrate the ability to formulate, implement and evaluate appropriate strategies to promote quality and safe patient care
- demonstrate the skills required to participate in the development and implementation of operational and strategic initiatives in infection prevention and control
- critically evaluate the decision-making process, risk assessment, multi-professional and multi-disciplinary working, accountability and governance within complex situations
Research for Practice
This module is intended to provide you with fundamental understanding of evidence-based practice and research, enabling you to examine how these concepts can be used to advance professional practice.
- Overview of the concepts of evidence-based practice, research utilization and research
- Critical appraisal and synthesis of evidence
- Overview of key research traditions and approaches (quantitative and qualitative and evidence reviews)
- Key stages of the research process
- Data generation using a range of methods (observational and experimental studies; pre-existing documents or data sets; interviews; focus groups)
- Introduction to statistics and statistical analysis
- Introduction to qualitative data analysis and thematic coding
Optional Modules List
You may choose one or more of the modules listed below as part of the course.
- Non-medical Prescribing
- Quality Improvement in Action
- Meeting the needs of older people in diverse care settings
- Risk and Patient Safety
- Acute and Critical Care
- Current Perspectives in Cardiovascular Disease
- Academic Recognition for Professional Learning
- Exploring professional practice
- Education for Practice
- Leadership and Change
- Minor Illness Management
- Enhancing the Quality of Maternal and Newborn Care
- Work Based Skills and Innovative Practice
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Course Fee US $9,980
- Monthly Fee US $500
- VAT If applicable
- Start Date Sept 2020
- Application Deadline Aug 2020
- Duration 24 Months
- Study Mode Online Learning
- Brochure Download
- Assessments Assignments
- Students 0