University of Hull Online MSc in Artificial Intelligence
The Online MSc in Artificial Intelligence by the University of Hull teaches students how to use Python and its AI algorithms to visualise data and communicate idea so that it can be understood by non-specialist audiences. This Masters degree covers advanced A.I technologies such as Deep Learning/ Machine Learning, preparing students on the regulatory, social and ethical aspects of the fair use of Artificial Intelligence.
The Hull Online MSc in Artificial Intelligence focuses on applied Artificial Intelligence using case studies on AI use in the industry across varied sectors such as automobile, health, sustainability, legal, climate change and local government.
Learn a wide range of competencies in the field of Artificial Intelligence;
- Identify and implement a range of AI algorithms, techniques and tools for creative problem-solving
- Clearly convey ideas to non-specialist audiences, as learn how to present outcomes of AI solutions
- Critically reflect upon the ethical, legal, cultural, professional and social implications of using AI
- Use knowledge of applied business analytics, Machine Learning/ Deep Learning techniques, and strategies based on AI approaches to design solutions to real-world issues
- Utilise various research methods and further understand management and business models that contextualise data outputs
- Critically reflect on the impact and significance of AI in the workplace
- Explore the AI horizon and its real-world applications in government, healthcare, marketing and more
Benefits of an Online MSc in Artificial Intelligence
AI is rapidly changing the way we learn, work and live, however, there’s a significant shortage of Artificial Intelligence specialists across most of the world. Upon graduating from the MSc in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Hull, students will be well-positioned to meet this demand.
Employability is the key focus of the programme, from learning the fundamentals in computer programming to developing analytic experiences using case studies. This Masters degree will help students develop an excellent portfolio that evidences their AI expertise, which can be leveraged for their career growth.
The expertise gained through the studies on this Online MSc in Artificial Intelligence degree will help earn promotions into senior-level roles or secure new opportunities across diverse fields like military, law, financial services, agriculture or healthcare as a A.I Engineer, data analyst, data scientist, Business Intelligence (BI) developer and more.
Entry Criteria – University of Hull Online MSc in Artificial Intelligence
- Evidence of programming experience (any modern computer language). For example, a recognised course or module at level 3 or above, an industrial certificate, or a summary of programming projects undertaken
- Either an Honours (or higher) degree at 2:2 or above or an international equivalent in any subject or a minimum of 3 years relevant industrial experience (for example, using or managing AI projects, software development/engineering, software support
- An IELTS 6.0 score (with minimum 5.5 in each skill) if your first language isn’t English. Speak to a Stafford Academic Consultant for more options on English language alternatives.
Artificial Intelligence Foundations (30 credits)
An introduction to the fundamental concepts in Artificial Intelligence, and their real-time applications. Build fundamental skills in AI-relevant programming concepts along with a critical awareness of important principles in software design and development. You’ll learn how to create applications in Python.
Machine Learning & Deep Learning (30 credits)
Today, leading global organisations use Machine Learning (ML) and deep neural network systems in a variety of products and applications. This module can help you to delve deeper into the three key areas of AI: problem-solving, knowledge representation and ML and their industry-level applications.
Ethical, Regulatory and Social Aspects for Fair AI (30 credits)
Learn how to develop a research proposal to address real-world questions and challenges. Further your knowledge of the ethical, legal, social, and professional frameworks you’ll need to both uphold and operate within.
Applied Artificial Intelligence (30 credits)
Gain an advanced understanding of the application of AI – particularly within the context of business. You’ll explore the use of different technologies for business management, business model thinking and innovation, business process design, and adapting to change. Discover more about the link between AI and communication, including (mis) information diffusion and human-computer interactions.
Research / Consultancy Project (60 credits)
Challenge yourself with applying the expertise you have developed during your studies to take on a dissertation, research project, or consultancy project. Your final project can tackle any issue in an area of the field that you’d like to specialise in – or even an actual need in your current workplace.
For example, you could choose to create an AI solution for your company that addresses a unique challenge it faces. You’ll take on the project under the supervision of a member of our academic team and also have the freedom to use your solution to make new strides in your place of work.