PGCEi Post Graduate Certificate in Education (International)
Exclusively for the September 2015 cohort;
1st payment £900* and then £425 per month*.
(Excluding the Application and Commitment fee)
When you join the PGCEi courses for teachers at the University of Nottingham you will be committing to an investment in your own future. Your decision to join the online PGCEi programme will be one of the most important decisions you will ever make. If you are the kind of person who demands first rate academic standards, are willing to have some of your basic educational beliefs challenged, and are ready for the hard work involved you will find studying the PGCEi programme to be an enormously rewarding and enriching experience.The PGCEi courses also support candidates in developing specific teaching and learning skills which enable both new trainees and experienced teachers to extend their skills as effective educators.
University of Nottingham.
Successful completion of all four modules will lead to the award of an Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
At present, this qualification does not include UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), which is the accreditation that enables you to teach in state-maintained and special schools in England and Wales. If you decided to come back to the UK, you would need to take an Assessment Only route to achieve QTS. Alternatively, you may be eligible to apply for the salaried School Direct programme.
Online Distance Learning.
The University of Nottingham PGCEi is normally studied over a 12 month period.
For PGCEi courses, only 35 students per cohort are accepted. Continued professional development is available to allow applicants to complete an MA in Education. (Further details are available upon request.)
Applicants are required to:
- Must be currently teaching and have access to a classroom;
- Be committed to developing their teaching and learning skills in the field of education;
- Be graduates of an approved university or other institution of higher education;
- Hold at least a second class honours degree; or be holders of an approved professional qualification deemed equivalent to an honours degree;
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language, nor the medium of instruction of their first degree in approved contexts, must have achieved a British Council IELTS average final score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in any element no more than two years prior to admission;
- Applicants with lesser qualifications may be considered for ‘exceptional entry’. If you do not meet these requirements you may enquire about non-standard entry.
Please call us on +971 7 203 1204, email us on email@example.com, or browse details of the programme in our brochure. Alternatively, you can simply complete the form on the right and an academic consultant will provide you with all the details.
Please read the application form guidance before completing the application form.
The below fee is inclusive of a GBP 150 application fee (refundable if NOT accepted onto the programme) and a GBP 150 commitment fee (to be paid after you receive your acceptance; non-refundable).